Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Where did all the good men go?

At the moment I am quite disillusioned with the world of men.

Portia and I headed to the pub the other night and were chatting to a couple of decent guys, naturellement.

But after a while, as I chatted to one of the guys at the bar, he slid along the bar, which was supporting his right side, and slurred "you're really lovely. Fancy a snog?"

Classy. Naturally unimpressed Portia, who was fending off his inebriated friend who was trying for her number, and I decided to move on.

I'm beginning to wonder now. Is it just me or are all the men out there lacking somewhat?

I think any woman's ideal has to be someone in the line of Jimmy Stewart - a quirkily handsome man, with warmth, a war hero with integrity. A real blokie bloke who isn't ashamed of his family and is genuine to boot.

Try typing in "Jimmy Stewart" and "scandal" into google - all you get is "The scandal of Stewart's life is the absence of scandal" and other flattering things.

Then try "Brad Pitt" and "scandal" or "Tom Cruise". See what I mean?

Where have all the good guys gone? Surely there must be at least a few modern day Jimmy Stewarts out there? Sadly there seems to be little evidence of them.

Is it too much to ask for - a man who wants to lasso the moon for you?

Suze x

3 comments:

Roxy said...

Suzie,
just one random thought...It took me months to realize that you need to be happy with yourself, who you are, and where you are going, before you can be happy with anyone else. And you will meet the one, at the most random place. Roxy

My Name Here said...

Suzy--that was so well written. I do not think it is to much to ask for, to lasso the moon. It should be expected!!!

Suzy Hepworth said...

Rox,
that is a random thought. And strangely hopeful for you!

Suze x