Thursday, April 12, 2007

The all new, all singing, all dancing...men embargo!

Ta-da!

I've absolutely finally had it - and now I can officially say that I've had enough at dealing with men and all the s*&% that somehow comes along with it.

The whole Davy trifle put me off a bit - too much bother - it really is. I'm also fed up with a "relationship guru" (male) who keeps filling my inbox with rubbish that says I shouldn't expect a man to change. Instead, apparently, I should change!

With that in mind I have come to an informed decision...

So here starts the full on, one year, man embargo. I should probably elaborate with specifics though before men - gay, straight and otherwise- start berating me for being prejudiced.

I'm all for male friends, male colleagues and general males about town. But now I am no longer going to expend effort on dating them - to ask me to do otherwise is way too much.

I'm no longer going out and giving out my number to cute guys who make the request, nor will I smile and laugh at pointless jokes in a flirty way.

In point of fact I've even found a place where I can be around men, dance with men and talk to them without them letching - the local gay club. And lesbians are so less pushy and funny instead of sad.

I'm not going to set up bat for the other side - please don't misunderstand me. Men are way too pretty - to look at - but far too much trouble to become entangled with. Which is the other joy of my new favourite nitespot - men with amazing bodies who can dance - look but don't touch, which is absolutely fine with me.

The brave new world starts here...

Suze x

3 comments:

Diane said...

You go girl! Of course, once you make this decision, and it shows up in your body language, etc., you will become more desirable to men and holding to your goal will become harder. But, I still say go for it. A year really isn't that long and who knows what you could learn about yourself in that time?

Roxy said...

Interesting way to look at it.

Angel City's Devil said...

HA! I completely agree with Diane. And, I completely agree with you - men are too pretty to look at!