Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Crufts



IN these days of superficial judgement, where as much emphasis is place on image as personality, I think it is easy enough to compare the dating market to the international dog show Crufts.

.
Everyone on the singles scene judges everyone else on the same terms as any dog show - on appearance.I managed to forget that most salient point at the 999 event and now I think I'm having to deal with the consequences.
.

I'm not an unpresentable person when I don't make an effort, however the other night I had really not made an effort - ready for a bit of fun then early home - and was just in jeans and vest with hair scraped into a pony tail and the minimum of make-up on.

.
Now I'm a little concerned that I may have given the wrong impression to the boy in blue, Davy, that I exchanged numbers with. I'm getting minimum interest - no date as yet - he's too busy.
I'm not used to getting this half-bothered response and I'm begining to think it might be how I presented myself - and I'm certain that it wasn't in my best light.
.

So I'm like a bad tempered pomeranian at the moment - I don't like not being able to compete for any reason.
.
However I'm optimistic that with the right grooming session I can make sure I'm top dog and get his attention. But after that I'm still deciding whether or not to bite the judge and flounce out of the competition ring with my little nose turned up...

.

Suze x

3 comments:

My Name Here said...

You were missed dearly!! Glad you are back, and did not stop blogging. I would say, bite the judge, but hten give him the puppy eyes to make up for it!! LOL

Angel City's Devil said...

HA! Hey, actually, I think show dogs have it a million times easier than humans in the dating pool. Dating is torture!!! And you are much too cute to be comparing yourself to a pomeranian :)

twentyseven said...

ii'v missed you..welcome back!