Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fiddle-de-de (realisation)


Today the dreaded hair appointment came.

I sat in the salon with clenched fists, rocking gently to the hum of hairdryers, chattering and piped music. Absolutely petrified.


Three(three!) hours later I emerged with a fringe, coloured and shorter hair and £60 lighter, but feeling good - like a new woman really.

I met up with my friend and mentor Lisa for a drink to show off my new do.

As we sat there chatting Simon came in. He had been to have his hair cut too. As his jaw dropped I looked at him, with his bad crop, and realised - I am cuter, younger and really shouldn't bother with someone who doesn't want me.

That was when I had my Scarlett moment. Just without the civil war, death, Clark Gable etc. A bit of a shock really...

I'm totally over my Ashley. I'm gobsmacked.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Scarlett! Let the feisty spirit reign!!! And grats on the new do!

Anonymous said...

His loss Bet you look stunning

Suzy Hepworth said...

Thank you ladies, sorry it took so long to reply...I've been doing my hair...

Anonymous said...

Getting a new do can work wonders, can't it? I myself find myself staring in the mirror, entranced, for days after I've had my hair done. But then, I do that anyway. So glad you're over that little pill, dahling!

Robin - Erithacus rubecula said...

Nothing like a new hairdo to open the doors to an epiphanic realisation!!

Robyne