Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Why I write....

I woke up one morning to the horrible realisation that, despite my better judgement and principles forbidding such romantic and trite impulses, I had fallen for a male friend.

This horrible fact is aggravated by several factors:-
1. He is a workmate
2. He has a long term girlfriend ( a slim blonde stunnah)
3. He is a waistrel

The most highly irritating thing about this whole thing is the fact I have inexplicably morphed from driven career woman into soppy, starry eyed freak who is unable to concentrate. Not big, clever, or condusive to sanity.

As a result I am determined to take my life back, by force if necessary, using Operation Distraction (also known as Operation Having Fun In Spite Of Unhealthy Preoccupations).
This blog officially starts Operation Distraction in a bid to open the operation to scrutiny and ridicule and, therefore, motivation...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww shucks sweetie, that kinda sucks big time. Maybe you wanna make a move on this guy and see what happens huh?
Jeez gal, I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes at work!
See ya...
:-x

Anonymous said...

how much of a waistrel can he be if he works the same job as you?
whats so horrible about being attracted to someone. its called living and enjoy it while you can because when you are old and ill you'll long for the feelings of attraction and lust. and lastly,
being distracted is what stops you from feeling and experiencing the NOW which is how you learn and move on.

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting !! Who hasn't been in your same position? I know I have multiple times --