Saturday, January 20, 2007

In denial or misinterpreted?

ISN'T at least part of the worth of a woman rooted in the person she decides to be with?


Isn't it, in fact, part of the worth of anyone to some extent?


Whilst replying to the comments on the last post I found myself a bit indignant about two of the posts - nevertheless from worthy and honest contributors - but they provoked a reaction.

As usual it triggered me into mulling mode and I did think about the comments which roughly said that I seemed to be putting my worth into a man - or indeed the man I was with.

In my defence I know I have walked away from Luke because I don't feel valued. But I know my worth - and it has never been because I have a man - I am proud of my career and my friends and the full and colourful world I have built for myself.

Now I know that these comments are honest opinions, meant with warmth, but they are just opinions. Yes they are based on the information I have put out there and I respect them in that and I have the utmost respect for the women who wrote them.

But they are only based on a narrow range of information and, although this is the information I choose to define myself by on my blog, it isn't all of me.

Thank you you guys for your comments - I do take them on board and think on - but I'm also an argumentative witch with a capital B and I hope you can forgive me for that.

I'm thinking the worth of a woman isn't in the person she chooses to be with. But it can be an indicator of how much she values herself.





Suze x

5 comments:

Roxy said...

Suzy,
This is very true. I had a friend, who was beautiful, and she ended up with a Jerk with a capital J because she had absolutely no self esteem, they were only married a short time, and now she is back to being singel.
However, she had no value in herself and wanted to find someone who was willing to invest in her.

JoeBlogs said...

The last paragraph I'd say is definately true.

My Name Here said...

Suzy, I did not intend to offend you in any way. You are right, I am only going on what I read here, and I am sure there is just tons you simply can not put on here. I was only stating my opinion. I would like you to know that I was in no way judging you at all, that is something I could never and would never do. I said what I said only because I know so many women who put there worth in other things--jobs friends kids family animals houses etc, but they forget about their inner selves. I am not saying that you are doing that at all, it just reminded me of so many women I know that do that. Again, I did not mean to upset you in any way, I guess this is one of those times where Roxy would ever so politely tell me to shut up!!!!
Wife

Suzy Hepworth said...

Roxy i have to say I'm sad for your friend and I hope you've helped her realise her true value.

Wifey - never apologise for expressing an opinion honestly held and politely articulated!

I have not taken offence/ a fence ;)

Suze x

Noah said...

Thanks for your comment. Your blog is interesting, and at times, I can definately relate even though I'm a male. Noah x