Thursday, January 18, 2007

What really matters

It's a fact, it doesn't matter who we fall in love with and/or marry, have kids with, plan lives with, we women are more than likely to face the final curtain on our own.

The pre-set best before date for men is generally earlier than it is for us women, so the chance are that if we live to a ripe old age we will be doing it alone.
Well that's not entirely true - well I hope it won't be for me. Because whilst our men of choice pop their clogs and shuffle off the mortal coil our girlies will live on. And I think that is good news (the girly continuance not necessarily the process of being ex-parrots...I mean ex-men).
But really - how bad could that be? I think there could be many worse people to swear at and hold secret whisky drinking parties in the bridge room with than my bestest pals Portia and Isabelle.
In fact Portia and I have already got our orders in for mobility scooters (which baby Bob will in time pay for) and have designed the mobility scooter racetrack...
Seriously though there is an unwritten code between me and my best friends that no man will ever come between us and that friendship comes first - because really that's the best and most reliable thing we have got.
I think it is always important to remember this cruel (or not - open to debate) fact of biology when making the effort to balance out romance and friends. No matter who you are with and no matter how well you think he knows you, he can never know you or help you more than your friends.
Love yourself, love your family, love your friends - then think about loving a man.
Suze x

No comments: